Dad trained and worked as a watchmaker. While serving in the Navy in WW2 he met Mom in Chicago and they married. They moved to Dayton and opened our first store in 1948.
In the beginning Dad had a partner who’s wife’s name was Martha, and Mom’s name is Evelyn. They combined the two names and came up with MARLYN.
The store has relocated several times over the years moving further north, but always on Main St. and is presently located at 8355 N Main St. Dayton, Ohio.